View our current vacancies below:
We are currently looking for an experienced fundraiser to join our team at Love Support Unite
Africa Foundation on a part-time basis.
It is a unique opportunity to join a small charity committed to helping improve the lives of those
in Malawi. In this role you will be involved in cultivating major donors and then their aftercare,
organising fundraising events for major donors and organising charity fundraising campaigns.
You will be expected to use your initiative and be a proactive member of the team.
It is essential that you have previous experience in the charity sector in a fundraising capacity.
You will also have a keen interest in international development and the work that we do.
Closing Date: 7th February 2018
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of work: Part time - 3 days a week
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Please read the application guidelines carefully before submitting your application. Good luck!
About the charity
Love Support Unite Africa Foundation (LSU) works to empower people in Malawi with a leg-up
rather than a hand-out. Malawi is one of the least developed countries in the world, and 52% of
the population live on less than 23 pence per day.
LSU works to lift communities out of the cycle of poverty and into a cycle of sustainability, by
integrating education, enterprise, nutrition and health through integrated community-based
projects that use sustainable infrastructure and resources. These projects help to create
self-sufficiency and therefore food security, in turn breaking the reliance on aid. Our projects
cover a wide range of areas and include but are not limited to sustainable farming, medical
outreach, education and training.
- Build relationships with major donors and companies
- Maintain clear recording systems for all communication with donors and prospective donors.
- Develop and organise fundraising campaigns.
- Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisation’s work.
- Ensure your fundraising targets are met.
Skills and Experience:
- Keen interest in the charity sector and the work LSU does.
- Experience working in the fundraising sector.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a small team.
- Good computing skills.
- Experience of organising fundraising events.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
To be considered, all applicants must email a CV and covering letter to Ms Gemma Dixon at
firstname.lastname@example.org . In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to work for
Love Support Unite Africa Foundation and how your skills and experience fit the role. The
deadline for online applications is 7th February 2018. Following a review of all CV’s successful
applicants will be invited for interview in February.